Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Dec 2020 16:37:56 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Post Brexit, what will process will goods that contain lactose powder (and no other animal products) need to go through to be exported from the UK? Will there be a vet certificate required, will IPAFFS need to be notified and will they need to go through BCP?
Posted Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:31:59 GMT by HM Government Admin2
Exports to the EU
The Commission Regulation 2019/2007 lists the animals and products that are subject to controls at the border, so if exported to the EU lactose (CN code 1702) will need to enter the EU through a BCP.
Lactose, which is a milk sugar, may be treated as a dairy product but some BCPs may treat it as ‘another product of animal origin’.
You should check with the BCP of entry to find out which certificate you need to apply.
Regulation (EU) 2019/628 sets out the model certificate for imports into the EU of ‘other products of animal origin’ and the GB version can be found in Form Finder:
For further information about pre-notification about the Trade Control and Expert System (TRACES) if exporting to the EU check the website:

Exports to countries outside the EU
Check the Form Finder at: and if there is no certificate the person would need to contact the importing country for the import conditions or the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) at:

Imports into GB
To find the health certificate you need for a live animal or animal product import to Great Britain, the Channel Islands or Isle of Man from 2021 go to:
Further guidance for GB Imports of Products, Animals, Food and Feed system (IPAFFS) go to our website:

You must be signed in to post in this forum.