Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Feb 2021 16:39:49 GMT by Hayleysmar Marshall
I have recently had an ATA Carnet approved to take aircraft tooling temporarily out of the UK to Portugal. I have been told conflicting advice about requiring additional paperwork for customs I have been advised that I require an SSD with an MNR Number however the only way I can get this is by an SSD however the MNR Number that it generates is 21FRS**** When I spoke to the border force agency at the docks they advised me that the MNR number was for France and they couldn’t find it on our information on the NCTS system. The only way I can get a GB MNR Number is by submitting an export declaration however I have an ATA Carnet which means the goods are going out and coming back so surely I shouldn’t need an export declaration as well?
Posted Mon, 15 Feb 2021 13:07:17 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Thank you for your post. If the CoC have issued the trader with an ATA Carnet, they will have instructed the trader on what additional vouchers or certificates they may require for the journey ( e.g. Carnet Blue vouchers for Transit, Kimberly certificates etc.) As this is referring to Entry Summary declarations into the EU, I have included the UCC reference for your information. However, HMRC cannot offer any advice or be responsible for what EU member states on entry to the EU may require. Entry summary declaration Article 104 of the Delegated Acts 2015/2446 Waiver from the obligation to lodge an entry summary declaration (Article 127(2)(b) of the UCC (952/2013 refers) 1. The lodging of an entry summary declaration shall be waived in respect of the following goods: (p) goods covered by ATA or CPD carnets provided they are not carried under a transport contract. This means that for an ATA carnet arriving from the UK to the EU border, no S&S declaration should be required in accordance with the EU Customs Code. Unless the trader has engaged in an international carriage of goods contract. The NCTS is the electronic delivery system for Common Transit movements (and TIR in NI long term). It should have no bearing on an ATA Carnet or S&S requirements. The terms of the ATA is for temporary admission which is not a permanent export and so no Export Declaration is required for goods moving on this basis.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.