Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 10 Dec 2020 16:54:23 GMT by Sal_Essential
I work for a wholesaler, we export food products, as well as toiletries and cleaning products to the EU. I understand food products need to have the FBO's address on the labels - what about toiletries (e.g. shampoo, shower gel, lotions, etc.) and cleaning products (e.g. laundry liquid, sanitising spray)? Do these these products need to be imported by a "responsible person" - it's not clear on the website as it just says "cosmetics" do but I can't find what that actually means. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:26:32 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Thank you for your post.

"Toiletries" are cosmetics. The guidance here on cosmetics defines cosmetics as including products that clean, perfume and keep in good condition the human body.
Appendix 4 lists examples of cosmetics including: Bath & shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels etc); Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels & oils for the skin.

You can find guidance on cleaning products here. 
Alternatively you can contact this email address for further information: pesticides&
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:57:16 GMT by Sal_Essential
Thank you, that's helpful - and does the RP's address need to be printed on the label?
Posted Tue, 22 Dec 2020 13:14:47 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Thank you for your post. You would have to follow the EU regulations, which we can’t advise on and would have to check the EU requirements for exporting to the EU.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.