Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:04:37 GMT by Stuart Green
Is it possible to clarify where vehicles less than 7.5T should be reporting to in order to arrive customs declarations when heading to Dover as for the drivers the information seems less than clear and causing disruption?
Posted Tue, 02 Feb 2021 09:28:42 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Thank you for your post.
From a HMRC perspective it’s the nature of the consignment that determines the process that needs to be followed (not the class of vehicle).
  • Traders/Hauliers/Drivers moving goods using import or export procedures should do this at port and have the option of using the services of an agent or intermediary
  • Traders/Hauliers/Drivers who are moving goods under the Common Transit Convention (CTC) and who need to start or end Transit movements (Office of Departure/Office of Destination) may use the services of an Authorised Consignor/Consignee (ACC) or if travelling through Dover, Eurotunnel or Holyhead attend one of our Inland Border Facilities (IBFs)
  • Traders/Hauliers/Drivers moving goods using Carnets OR goods covered by CITES through Dover, Eurotunnel or Holyhead can also attend an Inland Border Facility (provided those goods are not live animals)
  • There is guidance on about the specific services offered at each of the Inland Border Facilities
HMRC has undertaken a responsive review of the content and are making changes and improvements to further strengthen and clarify the messages around IBFs

You must be signed in to post in this forum.