Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Dec 2020 17:25:07 GMT by frederique LEFEVRE
Bonjour, je me posais des questions en cas d’expéditions vers le RU en incoterm DDP. J’ai eu ce jour un entretien téléphonique avec les douanes qui déconseillent fortement cet incoterm. Néanmoins, je ne suis pas sûre de pouvoir négocier avec mon client et je me prépare donc à cette éventualité. Aujourd’hui, j’aimerais savoir si, dans le cas d’expéditions DDP VAT EXCLUDED, il est impératif d’avoir un EORI GB si notre client en a déjà un ? Merci de votre retour
Posted Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:30:36 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Translation of Question:

Hello, I have a question relating to exports to the UK in [incoterm DDP]. Today I had a telephone interview with customs who strongly advised against this [incoterm]. Nevertheless, I don’t think I can negotiate with my client and therefore I am preparing for this outcome. Today, I would like to know, for DDP VAT EXCLUDED exports, if it is essential [for me / my company] to have a GB EORI if our client already has one? Grateful for your response.

Answer to Question:

Thank you for your post.
DDP means you are in charge of both the export and the import. In this scenario, and under the DDP rules, the EU exporter would assume the risks (and costs) for delivering the goods to the UK place of destination i.e. until the goods are unloaded. You must pay both export and import formalities, any fees, duties and taxes. So, if the EU business has to interact with any UK systems, you will need a GB EORI number to do that, which you can apply for now.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.