Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 25 Nov 2020 11:48:11 GMT by Robert Weir
Good morning, As a haulier I am extremely concerned about the legal responsibility for making Safety and Security declarations. I understand that they need to be made but as this is something we have never been involved with we do not know how or where to make them. We do not have access to ICS.
Posted Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:56:03 GMT by HM Government Admin2
Thank you for your query.

Please find the guidance on GOV.UK for making an entry summary declaration here.

Additionally, please see the guidance on GOV.UK on how to register to make an entry summary declaration here. This will show you how to use the Import Control System.

Posted Wed, 25 Nov 2020 15:55:00 GMT by Robert Weir
Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with the guidance on making an entry summary declaration but since we do not have and have never had access to ICS I wondered how we should make the declaration. Do we need to employ the services of a CSP or will there be an option to make the declaration online via a portal? I read somewhere about a new system called S&S GB, is this relevant?
Posted Wed, 02 Dec 2020 14:46:27 GMT by HM Government Admin2
Thank you for your post.
You do not need to make an entry summary declaration for goods imported into Great Britain from the EU between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2021.
From 1 July 2021 onwards, you will need to sign up to the S&S GB service to do so.
For further information, please see the new GOV.UK guidance published here

You must be signed in to post in this forum.