Forum Moderating Hours:
The EU Tranistion Trader and Industry Forum will be moderated and monitored between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
HMG commits to:
HMG’s engagement may include supplying information or answering questions. This engagement is intended as an informal channel which complements HMG’s formal communications. It does not overwrite HMG’s existing channels of communication or channels of accountability such as Parliament and Freedom of Information.
When HMG posts detailed information, HMG will typically provide links to copies of the relevant material online on GOV.UK. This is to provide assurance to readers that the material is genuine and comes from HMG.
HMG staff are bound by the Civil Service Code, and cannot engage on issues of party politics.
We cannot comment on the likely policy outcome of any consultation.
We will generally participate in discussions in order to:
In return, users will be expected to:
- Answer any direct questions, subject to the restrictions above
- Correct any factual inaccuracies, or provide some detail that may aid the discussion
- Keep the discussion on topic
- Explain any policy details that users are unsure of
- Link to existing GOV.UK guidance where possible
All users on the HMG forum will allow registered users to post questions and comments that will remain viewable on this website.
There is therefore the expectation that users:
- Do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details, which may identify you or other individuals
- Be respectful of others who use the site and do not post comments designed to cause nuisance to the administrator or other users along with these guidelines
- Do not submit any comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristics
- Do not use comments for party political purposes
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
- Do not spam or flood the forum. Keep the number of comments you submit on a topic at a reasonable level. Multiple comments from the same individual, or a small number of individuals, may discourage others from contributing