Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:29:47 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Q.1 With all the industry noise on transit - will you be doing a Webinar for those less prepared on Transit. As I think this could help... A. HMRC currently have four webinars running and to date they have had an attendance of 42,000. Recorded webinars available here : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/help-and-support-if-your-business-trades-with-the-eu Short-straits webinar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkAEuzI6-I&feature=youtu.be
Posted Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:31:36 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Q.2 From a system perspective could you please provide an update on NCTS issue i.e. new portal? A. French officials have given the go ahead to refer to both Calais and Dunkirk codes in box 51 of NCTS for freight from Dover - this is a temporary fix and is for the Calais - Dunkirk route only. Box 51 should not be left blank - should always be the next office outside of GB. HMRC and Border Force are working together to improve some of the checks carried out before transit documentation at offices of departure/inland border facilities. Transit Manual Supplement will be updated to include clearer guidance on Box 44.There has been some confusion over the requirements at Box 44 which is completed dependent on the type of goods and where they are going rather than mandatory in all cases. HMRC and Border Force have worked together to clarify when checks would be required, and the Transit Manual Supplement will be updated as follows; Box 44 – Compulsory if held (Field is mandatory for GB goods) To be completed if the regulations require additional information. Enter as appropriate: • UK Export - an Export declaration reference if held • “TGB” for GB domestic goods moving between GB and NI • If moving Goods following Temp Storage o MRN number of the previous transit movement, or o Temporary storage number Check for any customs approvals or previous documents. (Sometimes put here instead of box 40)
Posted Mon, 25 Jan 2021 16:32:14 GMT by HM Government Admin1
Q.3 On Friday you were going to provide some stats - please provide volume data asap A. We wil endeavour to provide port turnback figures at the call on 26/01/21.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.