Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Do I need a T1?

    We are a small manufacturing company. A major EU client has requested that our shipments (manufactured by us from materials sourced in the UK) should be accompanied by a T1 form. Our shipments previously went by DHL Int Express, took 2 days and cost £65 (a 16kg carton containing 30 identical items). A T1 form will result in a charge of £850. Advice on HMRC is that we should use T1 forms but all freight forwarders we have approached say this is wrong. As a manufacturer exporting a finished product direct to the customer we should just be sending with a CofC, Statement of Origin, Invoice and Delivery note. Can you shed some light on this?