Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Importing private purchases from the EU

    Hi Geoff, Even though been advised to contact customs, you will still need to pay this if you have not owned this for more then 6 months which is the current guideline as I am a customs agent. You could try to apply for a TOR1 on the engine and see if customs will give you tax relief via that way which means you will not pay anything on the import back into the UK. It could be declined but if you have not gone yet because of covid you would be within the 6 months or more. TRY TOR! - Even though its a transfer of residence its not based on the person its based on goods you own. Thanks Phil